i-Rocks IK6 Crystal Keyboard Review

6:02 PM , , 0 Comments


     It's a whole new month and here I am again, this time, with a review of the i-Rocks IK6 keyboard. Sporting basically the same key structure as the fan-favourite i-Rocks K10, does the IK6 bring anything new to the table, or is it just the K10's different looking younger brother? Let's find out.

WHAT'S IN THE BOX

The keyboard itself and a piece of information

TECH SPECS
REVIEW
     Starting off with the packaging, i-Rocks opt with a much more minimalist design for their box this time, probably to match with the very nice aesthetic that the IK6 sports, more on that later. There's shrink wrap all around the keyboard to protect the keyboard from scratches as such. Overall, enough protection for the keyboard to safely endure shipping.





     Moving onto the keyboard, in the looks department, based on the title of this post alone, you can already guess that it has a transparent bottom already. I was very impressed by the overall look of the IK6, and that was just looking at the black version; the white version looks far more superior, in my opinion, judge for yourself. I find that this keyboard could fit in an office pretty well, as it looks way more subtle compared to other gaming-grade keyboards.

     Speaking about gaming, the keyboard still features some of i-Rocks gaming features like Windows-key lock, as well as a 26-key anti-ghosting area for those that can type that fast. So, if any gamers out there that would like a nice looking keyboard, you can go for the IK6 without sacrificing any essential gaming features.


     Build quality wise, I would say that most of the sturdiness of this keyboard comes from the glass casing on the back. There's basically no flex to the casing even when I try to bend it, so it's goes without saying that under normal usage conditions, that there's no need to worry.


     Connection wise, you get a USB connection with a cable length of 1.5m. That's an ample amount of cable. However, due to the glass casing, users don't get the run-of-the-mill cable routing lanes as seen on other i-Rocks keyboards that I have reviewed in the past, so do keep that in mind.


     Typing experience wise, while it does utilize the same key structure as the fan-favourite K10, it feels slightly different compared to its predecessor. While it is hard to put it in words what the difference between the two is, I'm still going to give it a go; the IK6 is not as "clicky" as the K10. Depending on your preference, this might or might not be a good thing. For me, I like the "click" sound that I make while typing, even though people tell me that it's due to my incorrect way of typing. Overall speaking, while it doesn't feel as good as the K10, the IK6 is still way better than most membrane keyboards that I have used in the past. Oh and finally, a FULL SIZED BACKSPACE, the short backspace normally found on i-Rocks keyboard is the bane of me.

CONCLUSION

     I'm out of words to describe the IK6, so I will just go ahead and conclude everything the IK6 is and isn't. The IK6 is a beautiful looking keyboard, that performs similarly to the K10, albeit being slightly off compared to the superior K10. This slick looking keyboard also complements a work/office space fairly well, so if you are in the market for a keyboard that is fairly professional looking, I wholly recommend the IK6. The i-Rocks IK6 retails at MYR 179.00. For more information, you can refer to i-Rocks Malaysia Facebook Page or their official website.

0 comments: