Razer Synapse 2.0 Overview

10:55 PM , , 0 Comments


If you didn't know already, Razer requires you to run their software dubbed "Synapse 2.0" if you desire to fully utilize the fact that you bought one of their premium-ly priced products. Today I will do a brief (or maybe long) overview of what Synapse 2.0 truly adds to the product you just purchased.

the login prompt you get after starting the software.
  As you can see above, you get a login prompt as you start the software for the first time. No fright, its only a one time procedure as you can stay logged in afterwards. This part of the software is where it got a lot of flak for because of it's "always online" behaviour. In the past you could not reprogram your macros or change whatever else if  you were not connected to the internet. That is nothing to be worry about now because the software now also works without an internet connection provided you were logged in the last time you were connected to the internet.

main interface
  After logging in, you will be prompted with the main interface. Depending on what devices you have connected to your computer, the main interface will show the devices on the bottom left. In my case I have my Razer Deathstalker and Deathadder connected to my laptop.

  Once you are in the Synapse interface, there is a ton of stuff to figgle around in here. For instance, you could rebind literally every key on your Razer keyboard! Beat that!

wait for it......
the default key
the abundance of options you could choose from

  And of course with gaming grade peripherals, of course you get the option to record macros. If you have no idea what recording a macro is, it is essentially recording a sequence of keys you press to enable quick access while you are gaming. For an example, I recorded how I usually fetch items from my stash to courier in Dota 2, and binded it into one of my sidekey of my mouse, so instead of pressing the sequence, I have access to my items in one click.

the macro recording screen

I don't think there is anything more to add at this point, but if you have any opinions, feel free to drop me an email or comment below.


0 comments: