SteelSeries Qck Mass - Gliding on Thin Air | Personal Review


Another product slapped with "GAMING" on it's tagline. Today, I go in depth with the SteelSeries Qck Mass, a mouse pad made with gaming in mind.
the box

The SteelSeries Qck Mass is a massive mouse pad with dimensions of :
  • Height: 6 mm (0.2 in)
  • Width: 320 mm (12.6 in)
  • Length: 285 mm (11.2 in)
As you can see the mouse pad is in the thick category with thickness of 6 mm. I would wager 10 bucks that if I slapped you through this mouse pad it would not only itch.
trying my best with one handed photography.

The mouse pad is a soft rubberized one. The bottom is made of non slip rubber to prevent the mouse pad from moving, I reckon I tried to push it against my table with all my might and instead I was pushed away in my comfy chair.
with my Logitech gaming mouse

The surface is covered with cloth which allows your mouse to glide smoothly when it is needed. I am a guy with sweaty palms, especially when I do intensive/concentrated tasks. So far being use the mouse pad for as long as on my computer, I have not encountered any "sweaty" related problems. The mouse pad is also very comfortable.

Ever had uneven surfaces to use your mouse on? Do not fright, with the SteelSeries Qck Mass it will level your mouse's playing ground.

So we got the general stuff covered and my mind has been urging for me to type this part of the review.

SO KEN, WHY THE HELL WOULD I BUY THIS WHEN I CAN GET A MOUSE PAD AT RM 10 LITERALLY ANYWHERE?

Well, for once I had a cheapo mouse pad with a prestigious company name slapped on it which I shall not mention because that pad probably is not a genuine one. After using it for 1 week, the cloth surface came off which resulted in the next few weeks of turning the mouse pad in different orientations to avoid discomfort of the peeled off cloth. What I'm trying to point out here, is that the SteelSeries Qck Mass is a legit mouse pad and what I am paying for is the quality of the mouse pad, not just for the sake of having a surface.

CONCLUSION:

Should you buy a mouse pad? Yes. Should you shell a couple more Ringgits on your mouse pad? Hell yeah you should. What you get back from your investment in a high quality mouse pad like the SteelSeries Qck Mass is far greater from what you expect.

tl;dr

  • soft rubberized mouse pad with cloth on top
  • anti slip
  • swift movement
  • thick - level the playing field
  • comfortable
  • worth it? Yes!

0 comments: