LG G Pro 2 - Ken's Phone Lookout


     So we finally got to see what LG had installed for us for the phablet section of the mobile market; and without disappointment, we are presented with the LG G Pro 2, a 5.9" 1080p phablet. Full specs down below.
The LG G Pro 2 packs Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 SoC with 2.26GHz quad-core CPU and 3GB of RAM. There are 16 or 32GB of built-in memory, which can be further expanded via microSD card slot. Connectivity options include LTE-A, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, SlimPort, and microUSB port.
The 13MP camera of the LG G Pro 2 features enhanced optical image stabilization (OIS+) and the option to adjust the focus of a photo after its capture. Video recording capabilities include 4K UHD and 720p @ 120 fps. The front-facing camera is a 2.1MP unit
      If you are following me on other social media platforms, you would know that I'm getting pretty bored of what's coming out from MWC 2014 and this is one of the few new devices that got my attention. In my previous posts, I'm looking for a nice big device to replace my kinda worn out HTC One X, but you might say the previous devices I have mentioned are all >7". Well, I'm willing to make the sacrifice and go with a phablet instead. Then you would ask why don't I just go get a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 right this moment. As much as I love the S-Pen, I am still a tinker at the end of the day, meaning I would switch to AOSP ROMs at some point in time, and the S-Pen would be rendered useless by then.

     Well, the LG G Pro 2's software features/implementation is not that tedious compared to other skins. Certainly the settings menu color scheme would bug me, but with Google progressively releasing Android default apps, there might still be some hope, so one would only have to deal with the skinned settings menu and I'm willing to deal with that. Another awesome feature I look forward to is the knock code, check out the video below.


     So, what did your sharp eyes notice? Yes, it's a combination of the "knock knock" to wake plus a lockscreen passcode at the same time. Awesomesauce.

psst, LG send one to me please

0 comments: